Tech Trek Tulsa is a week-long, residential, summer camp for eighth grade girls. From June 11 – 17, 2017, 50 girls will be selected to attend this camp at The University of Tulsa campus!
Women continue to be underrepresented in STEM Fields. Tech Trek empowers girls to begin a successful path toward taking AP courses in high school, pursuing a college degree, and ultimately entering the STEM workforce. Campers stay on the TU campus for the week while they learn about STEM fields, interact with female STEM professionals, perform experiments, and participate in hands-on activities. In addition to growing STEM job opportunities in the United States, STEM careers provide highly stable, well-paying jobs. Tech Trek Tulsa will open doors for young girls to how exciting their future careers could be in a STEM profession.
A nominated 7th grade girl must:
• Be excited by math or science
• Be motivated to learn
• Have at least a “B” average (is not necessarily the top student)
• Have limited access to programs
• Be likely to benefit from this experience, both academically and personally
Personally, the student should:
• Make positive choices for herself, inside and outside of class
• Demonstrate responsibility, honesty, and accountability
• Exhibit self-control and have no serious discipline issues
• Show respect for and cooperate with teachers and students
• Be willing to try new and challenging tasks
Academically, the student should:
• Be able to follow directions
• Show persistence in task completion
• Participate in class discussions
• Work well in group situations and be willing to help other students
• Be interested in learning and experiencing new things, especially math or science
To nominate a student, fill out the Teacher Nomination Form.
Tech Trek Tulsa prefers girls located in the following counties (below, in gold): Adair, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Mayes, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Rogers, Tulsa, Wagoner, and Washington.
Tulsa Tech Trekies:
Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance
True Blue Neighbors and The University of Tulsa