How to become a camper:
- Middle school teachers identify and nominate 7th grade girls who have an interest in STEM. Teacher nominations are due February 16, 2016.
- Nominated girls submit an application, which includes an essay as to how they would use STEM to make the world a better place. Camper applications are due in March 2016.
- Campers are selected and notified in April 2016.
- Campers register and pay a camp reservation fee of $50 (non-refundable) in May 2016.
What are former campers saying about Tech Trek?
- “My Tech Trek experience was quite amazing. Not only did I learn, but I also built friendships that will last a lifetime. In these few days, I have gotten to know and befriend a variety of different girls also interested in the STEM fields. I have learned so much, especially in my core class of biology. We learned of many DNA processes and about how DNA helps solve crimes. Overall, it was an amazing week at Tech Trek.”
- “I had a wonderful time at Tech Trek, I met so many new people and I got to learn so many new things about chemistry.”
- “I feel a lot more confident after attending camp at Tech Trek. I know now that I can pursue whatever career that I want to, no matter what other people may say. On Professional Women’s Night, each woman told me to follow my dreams, because it’s worth it.”